The Developmental and Experimental Therapeutics program at the Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital at Westchester Medical Center and New York Medical College is a multidisciplinary program focused on the translational and clinical application of new therapeutic strategies in early phase experimental clinical investigation. This program is designed to determine the safety, feasibility, dose, schedule and early efficacy of new therapeutic strategies during experimental clinical investigation in children, adolescents and young adults with both malignant and non-malignant (blood disease-related) disorders.
This unique comprehensive program has several “state of the art” areas of expertise including Phase I therapy, Phase II Therapy, Bench to Bedside Therapy (Translational), Humoral Immunotherapy, Radioimmunotherapy, Cellular Immunotherapy, Stem Cell Transplantation, Targeted Cellular Therapy, Immunotoxin Therapy and others. The program also provides a special opportunity for students, residents and fellows to pursue scholarly research in developmental and experimental therapeutics in children, adolescents and young adults with malignant and non-malignant conditions. Most importantly, this program provides for personal and customized therapy and care to children, adolescents and young adults in our Cancer & Blood Diseases Center.
This program is focused on many malignant and non-malignant blood disorders including acute lymphoblastic leukemia, acute myelogenous leukemia, chronic myeloid leukemia, neuroblastoma, Wilms Tumor, sarcomas, brain tumors, hepatic and germ cell tumors, sickle cell disease, bone marrow failure syndromes, immunodeficiencies, metabolic diseases, hemostasis and thrombosis disorders, histiocytic disorders, vascular malformations and selected others.
- COG Phase II Center
- Several FDA IND Approved Clinical Trials
- Several Phase I Clinical Investigations
- CTEL Laboratory (GMP Quality)
- Experienced Clinical Research Staff
- Sickle Cell Center Consortium (Lead Center)
- Lymphoma Cell Therapy Consortium (Lead Center)
- High Risk Leukemia Consortium (Lead Center)
- Therapeutic Lymphoma Consortium (Lead Center)
- Sarcoma Cell Therapy Consortium (Lead Center)
- Translational Research
- Personalized and Customized Care
Research and Education Highlights:
- ACGME-Accredited Pediatric Hematology, Oncology, and Stem Cell Transplantation training program
- Student, resident and allied health professionals programs elective/selective
- COG Phase II Center
- Lead center for multiple Phase I/II clinical consortiums
- Pediatric Blood and Marrow Transplantation Consortium Member Institution
- Basic Pharmacology Department
- Dedicated Clinical Pharmacist
- Bench to Bedside Research and Translational Medicine